Wilsons Promontory nach Phillip Island Reiseführer & Tipps
Wilsons Promontory to Phillip Island – why not hire campervan from travelwheels to visit these two amazing places in Victoria.
Driving Directions Wilson’s Promontory to Phillip Island
After the remote and beautiful Wilson’s Promontory, it’s still not time to head to the metropolis of Melbourne; there is a still lot to see on your journey! On the way to Wonthaggi you will pass Inverloch which is a popular surf spot for locals, so grab your board and hit the waves! As you get closer to San Remo,
it’s worth stopping at the Winter Wonderland to see some unusual things! If you fancy seeing a preserved Great White Shark up close or want to see the famous Gippsland worms that can grow up to 3m in length, but the real gem here is the chance to cuddle Wombats who have been orphaned.
Travelwheels campervans must visit Phillip Island Fairy Penguins
Travelwheels campervans tip must visit Phillip Island Fairy Penguins! We are now getting very close to one of the biggest tourist attractions in Victoria, the amazing Phillip Island! You will see thousands of mini Fairy Penguins walking literally a metre away from you after long day fishing.
This truly is a spectacular sight and often one of the true highlights of anybody’s trip to Australia. Ok, it is a bit commercial, but when was the last time you were able to get so close to so many penguins, make sure you get down to see them as it’s a great sight! Travelwheels campervan hire tip is to go down about two hours sunset so that you can get a prime spot before all the people who arrive by coach turn up!
Visiting Phillip Island – travelwheels campervans travel tips
|What else can you do on the Island? First of all, it’s great to explore the island by hiring a campervan as it makes it really easy to get around as its only 9km wide and 26km long!
This way by hiring a campervan you get to explore all the places the guys visiting by coach race by! There are loads of fun and more importantly FREE things to do, have a look at this short list and see which things you would be interested in doing.
- Great Beaches – some great sunny beaches are found near Cowes.
- Fancy a swim; why not try the safe swimming beaches on the sandy northern shores.
- Surfing the wild waves– this coast is not for beginners as there are some dangerous, but very exciting surf beaches for those that can handle big waves.
- Walking and seeing wildlife – try the footpaths near Cape Woolamai for great views and plenty of fresh air!
- Seal Rocks – see Australia’s largest seal colony – note you can only walk down so far, so a pair of binoculars will be handy to full appreciate all these seals!
- Koala Conservation Centre (have to pay an entrance fee, but well worth it) – great way of seeing Koalas as nature intended. You climb up to a set of boardwalks actually in the tree tops so that you can walk around and see them up close rather than looking up from the ground.
|Phillip Island great place to park campervan for free and enjoy a seaview! There are lots of great places to park up your travelwheels campervan hire Hitop, so travelwheels recommendation finding a quiet spot and spending a few nights here. Then when you are ready, pack up all your stuff back into the travelwheels campervans and do some more exploring before finally parking up your campervan in Melbourne|